Aaron Sherman joined Fox Smith, LLC in 2021. Aaron’s focus at the firm is in the maritime/admiralty and environmental areas. Prior to joining Fox Smith, Aaron worked at a large, regional defense firm in St. Louis where he practiced in the areas of commercial litigation, insurance law, and tort liability, and at a small maritime/admiralty firm. During law school, Aaron interned with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, DC, as well as the Conservation Law Foundation in Portland, ME and Great Rivers Environmental Law Center in St. Louis. Aaron is a graduate of Washington University School of Law where he was a Dean's Fellow and received his B.A. in English from Covenant College.
Aaron has managed a caseload of commercial litigation, injury, insurance, maritime matters, including developing strategy, taking depositions, advocating in court hearings, and obtaining favorable judgments for clients.
- Dismissal in favor of a river transport company of a lawsuit for injuries allegedly resulting from a barge breakaway.
- Dismissal of a Jones Act case in favor of a fleeting company.
- Summary judgment in favor of an insurance company in an approximately $5 million fire damage claim.
- Summary judgment in favor of an insurance company in a damage appraisal dispute.
- Summary judgment against a national bank in a case involving a wrongfully cashed check.