For over 30 years, Ron Fox has successfully defended clients in hundreds of cases in more than 35 jurisdictions nationwide. Ron is an “AV” rated lawyer listed as a Missouri Super Lawyer for 8+ years. Known as an effective maritime defense attorney, Ron also has broad experience successfully handling hundreds of complex cases. Ron has tried over 50 cases to verdict or judgment, including maritime, contract, medical malpractice, product liability, trucking, will contests, and other complex or high-exposure cases.
- Over 15 judgments denying seaman status to Jones Act plaintiffs, including 6 jury verdicts.
- Defense verdict in a million dollar maritime contract and bailment action related to the Great Flood of 1993.
- Numerous defense verdicts in Jones Act cases tried throughout the Midwest, including challenging jurisdictions such as the City of St. Louis, Madison and St. Clair County, Illinois, and federal district court in East St. Louis.
- Defense verdict for a hospital in Madison County, Illinois, in a suit charging wrongful death for failure to diagnose a dissecting aortic aneurysm.
- Multi-million dollar judgment for a prominent St. Louis brewing family member in a will contest trial.
- Defense verdict in the City of St. Louis for a refuse truck manufacturer involving crush injuries and death.
- Restricting plaintiff’s verdict to $8,100 after a Fortune 50 client admitted liability following a trucking accident resulting in plaintiff’s above-the-knee amputation.
- Successfully defending Japanese kerosene heater manufacturers in numerous product liability burn and fire damage cases.
- Obtaining a judgment for an insurance underwriter charged with bad faith, fraud, and punitive damages.
- Leading a team of attorneys in a major environmental action involving RCRA, clean air, and water claims resulting in an eight figure settlement for the client.
- Successful argument in the Missouri Supreme Court establishing a basis to defeat venue in the City of St. Louis.
- In the United States Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, reversing a multi-million dollar verdict against a lawnmower manufacturer due to improper denial of the state-of-the-art defense.
- First appellate ruling in the United States to hold that maritime employers are entitled to a jury trial in Jones Act suits.
Recognized as a premiere maritime and trial attorney, Ron has published numerous articles on maritime issues and is a frequent speaker at national maritime conferences and on trial techniques. Ron began his legal career as a clerk to Missouri Supreme Court Judge A.J. Higgins.