Jessica Reis focuses her practice on employment law, professional liability, commercial law, and privacy and security law. In addition to her law degree, Jessica obtained her health law certificate while at Saint Louis University School of Law, the nation’s premier health law program. Jessica is educated by some of the nation’s top legal scholars in handling matters of paramount importance to the healthcare industry, including compliance with the False Claims Act, Stark and Anti-Kickback Statutes, as well as coursework in business planning and transactional drafting. Jessica gained invaluable in-house experience in the healthcare industry as a legal services intern while attending SLU Law for a leading non-profit Catholic health system. In addition to focusing her law school studies on health law, Jessica was a contributor for the Saint Louis University Journal of Health Law & Policy and served as the publication’s Footnotes Managing Editor.
Jessica is comfortable and experienced inside and outside of the courtroom, whether at trial or sitting beside a client in compliance with a government investigation. Early in her career, Jessica was in charge of handling contested litigation at a firm in St. Louis. This included counterclaim defense work, risk analysis for threatened litigation, defending depositions, oversight of discovery responses, and contested trial and motion practice. Compliance and risk analysis are at the heart of Jessica’s practice. Although litigation is sometimes unavoidable, Jessica leaves no stone unturned to present the best possible defense for her clients.
- Working with clients to maintain compliance with their industry-specific fiduciary and privacy obligations and to mitigate risk related to responding to civil and government inquiries and investigations, including implementing appropriate e-discovery protocols and compliance.
- Advising and defending clients through EEOC investigations and employment litigation.
- Providing general business counseling for employment matters.
- Providing compliance counseling to clients for wage and hour law.
- Defending disciplinary, legal and medical malpractice actions on behalf of lawyers and diverse health care professionals.
- Defending contract and Missouri Merchandising Practices Act claims against home inspectors.
- Defending consumer claims on behalf of Creditors, including Fair Debt Collection Practices Act allegations.
- Analyzing and defending complex AIA Contract actions.
- Deposing plaintiffs and healthcare providers as a member of the firm’s pharmaceutical litigation team.
Jessica received her J.D., cum laude from Saint Louis University School of Law in 2016 and her B.A., magna cum laude, also from Saint Louis University in 2013. She is admitted to practice law in both Missouri and Illinois, as well as multiple federal courts.