Richard Korn, a native of St. Louis, began his legal career in Chicago, Illinois, practicing at two well-known defense firms. After moving back to St. Louis in 2000 and working for 2 ½ years as an in-house attorney for a Fortune 500 company, he joined Fox Smith. Over his career, he has gained extensive experience in federal and state courts across the country in various types of litigation matters, including environmental, toxic torts, medical and other professional malpractice, employment, real estate, and general personal injury cases. Richard was named a 2020, 2021, and 2022 SuperLawyer.
Some of His Successful Results Include:
- After a four-day jury trial in the Circuit Court of Madison County, Illinois, a defense verdict in favor of his client, a psychiatrist, who was accused of mismanaging his patient’s psychotropic medications, thus leading to death by suicide.
- After a seven-day medical malpractice trial in Williamson County, Illinois, a defense verdict in favor of his physician client in a case where the plaintiffs alleged medical negligence arising out of a vasectomy.
- After a seven-day jury trial in the Circuit Court of Jackson County, Illinois, a defense verdict in favor of his client, an obstetrician-gynecologist, who was sued by a former patient claiming she sustained a ureter injury during the course of a laparoscopic hysterectomy as a result of the doctor’s negligence.
- After a four-week wrongful death case jury trial in the Circuit Court of Williamson County, Illinois, where the plaintiff asked the jury for $5,000,000, a defense verdict in favor of his client, an obstetrician-gynecologist, whose patient passed away following a tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery for mixed urinary incontinence.
- Summary judgments and dismissals of his clients in state and federal court in various types of employment-related cases, including those arising from Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the ADA, the ADEA, the Missouri Human Rights Act, and the Illinois Human Rights Act.
Richard regularly counsels clients on a variety of employment law issues and speaks at training seminars designed to educate management and supervisory-level employees on various risk management techniques in the field of employment law. He has also spoken at conferences in Missouri and Illinois on risk management issues applicable to attorneys and their law firms. Richard serves on the Board of Directors of Beverly Farm Living Options.