When a client wants to win at trial, obtain Summary Judgment or settle a lawsuit or claim on the best possible terms, businesses have looked to Tom for over 25 years.
Tom believes in early case evaluation and developing a joint defense strategy for resolving a claim or lawsuit with his client’s goals in mind. Tom doesn’t conduct discovery to increase expenses or delay case resolution but looks for cost-effective ways to resolve disputes through trial success, dismissal, or when beneficial to the client-settlement. Tom was named a 2020, 2021, and 2022 SuperLawyer.
- Defense verdicts for the largest taxi cab company in the City of St. Louis, including defense verdict in admitted liability case.
- Defense verdict in personal injury matter brought in federal district court against a local amusement park in Jersey County, Illinois.
- Defense verdict on behalf of orthopedic surgeon involving post-operative infection.
- Directed verdict in favor of medical provider in case tried in City of St. Louis alleging failure to diagnose ischemic bowel.
- Defense verdict in favor of medical provider involving allegations of injury due to patient fall.
In addition to being a trial attorney, Tom has lectured in the areas of risk management, lawsuit prevention, and trial strategy to hospitals, medical professionals, insurers, and transportation companies.
Tom is a founding partner of Fox Smith, LLC. He received his undergraduate degree in business administration from the University of Missouri-St. Louis while a member of the University basketball team. He received his law degree from Saint Louis University in 1993.