When results matter. . .
When a client wants to win at trial, obtain Summary Judgment or settle a lawsuit or claim on the best possible terms, businesses have looked to Tom for over 25 years.
Tom believes in early case evaluation and developing a joint defense strategy for resolving a claim or lawsuit with his client's goals in mind. Tom doesn't conduct discovery to increase expenses or delay case resolution, but looks for cost effective ways to resolve disputes through trial success, dismissal or when beneficial to the client settlement. Tom was named a 2020, 2021 and 2022 SuperLawyer.
- Defense verdicts in the City of St. Louis in medical malpractice cases tried against the largest hospital in the St. Louis area.
- Defense verdicts for the largest taxi cab company in the City of St. Louis.
- Defense verdict in personal injury matter brought in federal district court against a local amusement park.
- Defense of employers in discrimination claims in state and federal courts and EEOC and MCHR administrative matters.
- Summary Judgment on behalf of employer in state discrimination case.
- Successfully represented healthcare professionals in matters before the State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Favorable jury verdict in personal injury claim arising from a boating accident at the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Successful defense of trucking companies, intermodal operators, school bus companies, and other transportation companies in personal injury claims.
- Dismissal of punitive nationwide Madison County class action alleging billing fraud against health insurer.
- Member of national defense team coordinating medical expert testimony involving claims against an oral contraceptive manufacturer.
In addition to being a trial attorney, Tom has lectured in the areas of risk management, lawsuit prevention, and trial strategy to hospitals, medical professionals, insurers, and transportation companies.
Tom is a founding partner of Fox Smith, LLC. He received his undergraduate degree in business administration from the University of Missouri-St. Louis while a member of the University basketball team. He received his law degree from Saint Louis University in 1993.