Peter Cosgrove joined the Fox Smith team in 2019. Prior to joining Fox Smith, Peter practiced at a large, regional defense firm in St. Louis. He focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, employment law, health law, professional liability and civil rights litigation. Mr. Cosgrove was a law clerk for the Honorable E. Richard Webber in United States District Court, in the Eastern District of Missouri. He was also Assistant General Counsel for the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Mr. Cosgrove received his J.D. from University of Missouri-Kansas City summa cum laude and his B.S. in Chemical Engineering from University of Missouri, cum laude.
Pete has represented non-profits, small business, multi-national corporations and governmental entities through a variety of legal challenges.
Some of Pete's accomplishments include:
- Summary Judgment in civil rights action against healthcare provider
- Represent clients in mediations and settlement negotiations with private mediators and governmental agencies, including the Missouri Commission on Human Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Provide counseling to small business management on issues regarding contentious employment separation
- Prepare employee handbooks and professional services agreements for small business
- Assisted in Complete Defense Verdict in arbitration against employee alleging sex and gender discrimination
- Managing discovery for litigation concerning Legacy Superfund Site with over 500 custodians and the production of over two million documents.
Pete is a member of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers.