Ryan Mohr concentrates his practice in commercial and environmental law as well as privacy and data security issues. Ryan is also certified as an e-discovery specialist through the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (an independent international organization). Prior to law school, Ryan worked as an environmental engineer and handled a variety of corporate compliance issues primarily focused on land and water issues as well as waste management and minimization. This unique combination of experience allows Ryan to advise corporate clients on a variety of litigation and regulatory compliance issues. Ryan has advised senior corporate attorneys and executives regarding general compliance and litigation issues arising from state and federal environmental regulations and enforcement actions and has represented manufacturers of petroleum products, pharmaceuticals, chemical and intermediates, industrial equipment, timber and agricultural products, as well as members of the construction and maritime industries.
- Assisting clients with regulatory compliance analyses and develop related compliance strategies;
- Responding to and defending against violations issued by state and federal agencies;
- Handling civil litigation involving federal and state law claims arising from industrial operations;
- Responding to information requests initiated by state and federal agencies;
- Assisting with environmental due-diligence inquiries associated with acquisitions;
- Defending and negotiating resolutions for natural resource damage claims;
- Providing advice concerning various environmental response and permitting matters;
- Developing information management and security policies;
- Evaluating and negotiating contracts and insurance policies to address data ownership, licensing, privacy, cyber liability concerns, and Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements;
- Advise on compliance issues arising from FARs and DFARs including cybersecurity requirements;
- Analysis of information governance challenges including data management approaches to develop compliance and litigation readiness strategies; and
- Managing the review and production of documents and electronically stored information, as well as developing privilege logs for complex matters.
Ryan earned his Bachelor’s from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale and a Master of Science (cum laude) in Environmental Science, with a focus on technology and assessment, from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, where he was awarded a certificate of honor. Ryan earned his law degree from Saint Louis University in 2005 and was the recipient of an academic excellence award in comparative law studies.
Ryan is admitted to practice in Illinois and Missouri as well as the United States District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of Illinois and the Western and Eastern Districts of Missouri.